Using the Library
In order to support your use of the library, the following information is provided as an overview of available services.
- All Students, Faculty and Staff of Mohammed Bin Rashid University for Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU) are automatically members of the Library.
- All staff of the Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCA) are eligible for library membership.
- All members of the Dubai Healthcare City Community are members upon completion of licensure with Dubai Healthcare City Regulation (DHCR).
- All visitors are welcome to the Library and can access all services onsite except book loans as per the library’s terms and conditions.
- The Library operates a control entry system. Members will be asked to show their MBRU, DHCA, Library ID or any other valid ID.
- All visitors will be asked to sign the visitor log. This is used only for reporting visitor numbers and in the activation of an emergency evacuation.
- Please note that access to electronic resources is available offsite to those who hold a valid membership to the library. Due to licensing restrictions, visitors must access electronic resources onsite.
Library members will be able to borrow from the library using their MBRU ID or library ID card.
You will be able to borrow books if you:
- Have a library card with you
- Have no unpaid fines
- Have no severely overdue books
- Borrow only for yourself using your own card
The following is a quick reference guide to the number of items you can borrow:
|MBRU Students, Staff DHCA & DHCC Community||Resources||Duration||Quantity|
|Journals||Library use only||NA|
|Journals||Library use only||NA|
A number of iPads are available for loan to those that hold membership with the Library. The IPads are for library use only and connect to the building Wi-Fi system. IPads are available from the main Library reception and are loaned for a period of four hours which cannot be reserved or renewed. Please note that all outstanding loans must be cleared to use this service.
If you are experiencing computer problems, please contact our IT Support at the Information Desk.
Lost and Damaged Resources
Books and iPads must be returned to the library in the same condition in which they were borrowed. There is a replacement fee for any library resource that is not returned or is lost or damaged. The Library will not be liable for any items left in the Library.
Inter-Library Loan (ILL) service is available for journal articles which are not available in the Library’s collection. A cost may be incurred for access to journal articles and publications on demand. This service is open to all staff and students at MBRU, and you can apply for an ILL using the online request form by clicking onto the following link (Request an Article).
Copying, Scanning, and Printing
Photocopying, Scanning and Printing facilities are available for MBRU Students, staff and faculty. There are multifunctional devices available in the library, which allows MBRU members to photocopy, scan and print material. Copyright restrictions are to be observed within the acceptable fair use policy.
If you have any questions or comments about the library or suggestions to improve the services, please contact one of our library representatives on site or send an email to email@example.com.
If you are looking for books, articles or other resources, please use discovery search on the library homepage.
Key Library Resources
The Website provides information on and access to services available at the Library. Information is updated regularly, and access to e-resources is available on a 24/7 basis. Due to terms and conditions in Licensing Agreements, remote access to subscribed e-resources is restricted to registered library members. Members should follow the authentication process provided on registration to access e-resources remotely. Visitors to the library may also access e-resources onsite using the available computer workstations. If you are experiencing computer problems, please contact the Information Desk.
Print resources are available for loan to all members. Reference resources and course reserves are for library use only.
Rare Books and Special Collection
All resources available in this Collection must be used in the Special Collection Room as per the library’s terms and conditions.
Food and Drink
Food is not allowed anywhere in the Library. Drinks are only allowed with covered lid containers.
In Case of Emergency
There are designated emergency personal on duty at all times, please follow the directions given by staff. If you are feeling unwell please note that we have a designated First Aid Room available on the Ground Floor of the building. Please inform the library staff who will assist you.