Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU) aims to be a global hub for innovative and integrated healthcare education and research.
The post will be held by an Academic with a sustained track record within nursing and/or midwifery who is able to contribute to learning and teaching, research, knowledge transfer and nursing practice, to the benefit of students, the College and the University, and to conduct duties such as Course or Program Director, and activities associated with recruitment, internationalisation and student experience. The appointee should be practicing at the level of associate professor or above and would be expected to carry out core activities in three areas: learning and teaching; research and knowledge transfer; administration, management and leadership. Candidates will be expected to deliver higher-level achievements in at least two of these areas, demonstrating national and international impact in nursing.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Midwifery (Essential).
- Higher research degree in academic field of study including Master’s in Nursing / Midwifery/Health Related Discipline (Desirable).
- PhD or equivalent from an accredited institution (Essential).
- Evidence of ability to meet the teaching needs of postgraduate students (Essential).
- Substantial post registration experience in nursing (Essential).
- Working knowledge of international health care policy in relation to nursing care (Essential)
- Evidence of undertaking PhD supervision in the subject area (Desirable).
- Background in pediatric or cardiovascular nursing (Desirable)
- Satisfactory track record of publications (Essential)
- Written and spoken English (Essential)
- Arabic (Desirable)