The role holder is responsible for supporting and assisting the faculty members to deliver their courses as per the required standards and course requirements. The role is also responsible for helping students in need of academic support in a timely and efficient manner.
Key responsibilities/ accountabilities:
- Participates primarily in the teaching of students as assigned which may include delivery of the clinical consultation skills teaching in Phase 1 and 2 (years 1-3), involving different teaching methods including simulation and delivery of Phase 3 (year 4-6) small group teaching, for example practical procedural skills.
- Provides information about the course to prospective and existing students in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participates in supervising and monitoring examination venues to ensure that examinations are conducted as per the required policies and procedures such as organizing and conducting clinical assessments and examinations including OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) and workplace-based assessments e.g. Mini-CEX and CBD.
- Assists in assessing and evaluating the work of the students and participates in providing feedback as well as participates in evaluating the progress of the course against stated course learning objectives.
- Supports in developing teaching material and participates in modifying the curriculum.
- Assists in providing student counselling and advice in order to guide them on how to achieve their goals.
- Participates in educational activities that support the advancement of the Healthcare Sector in the United Arab Emirates.
- Reports suspected academic dishonesty to the department and appropriate office in a timely manner to ensure timely resolution.
- Contributes to organizing field visits for students including hospital visits
- Performs other responsibilities and tasks in order to meet organizational objectives including performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the phase director or head of department.
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are monitored and achieved during the year.
- Takes ownership of their own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the reporting manager and working towards bridging the gaps through various means which go beyond just training.
- Understands the competencies relevant to their role and works towards displaying as well as developing these effectively.
- Keeps abreast of relevant professional/industry developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional networks.
Knowledge & experience:
- Minimum Qualifications: MBBS or equivalent
- Language Skills: Written and spoken English is essential. Arabic is desirable
Years of Experience:
- Completion of medical internship year
- Prior experience in teaching is desirable
- Must hold eligibility for DHA and DHCC license
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.