Faculty, College of Nursing and Midwifery
The post will be held by an academic with a sustained track record within nursing and/or midwifery who is able to contribute to learning and teaching, research, knowledge transfer and nursing practice, to the benefit of students, the College and the University, and to conduct duties such as Course or Program Director, and activities associated with recruitment, internationalisation and student experience. The appointee would be expected to carry out core activities in three areas: learning and teaching; research and knowledge transfer; administration, management and leadership. Candidates will be expected to deliver higher-level achievements in at least two of these areas, demonstrating national and international impact in nursing.
- Develops and implements strategic plans in line with University objectives.
- Contributes to the workforce plan and forecasts.
- Ensures implementation and review of evaluated work processes to achieve high performance standards and continuous improvement.
- Prepare innovative educational materials in the delivery of high-quality teaching.
- Undertake program and course co-ordination/leadership roles, as appropriate, including contributing to the development of specified, high-quality programs/courses.
- Participates in the assessment of students to ensure that academic goals have been achieved.
- Guides and supervises students in the acquisition of skills and conduct of scholarly activities.
- Provides on-site practice supervision for students.
Research and Scholarship
- Engages in research activities on themes that align with the research goals of the College and the country.
- Publishes quality research in high impact journals to enhance the international standing of the College
- Participates in international conferences to disseminate results of research activities.
- Remain abreast of the developments in the relevant nursing discipline.
- Actively support College activities that promote or develop Research, Knowledge Transfer and developing nursing practice.
Practice & Educational Partnerships
- Engages in nursing partnerships and activities that contribute to the advancement of the profession within UAE and community.
- Seeks and develops relationship with suitable external partners to raise the profile of nursing, the College and the University
- Provides opportunities to assist professional colleagues to maintain and enhance their skills continuing professional development in their specialty.
- Commitment to engage in inter professional education, and associated activities
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Midwifery
- Higher research degree in academic field of study including Master’s in Nursing / Midwifery/Health Related Discipline (desirable).
- PhD or equivalent from an accredited institution (achieved).
- Evidence of ability to meet the teaching needs of postgraduate students (essential).
- Substantial post registration experience as an adult nurse (essential).
- Working knowledge of International health care policy in relation to adult nursing care (essential)
- Evidence of undertaking PhD supervision in the subject area (desirable).
- Written and spoken English is essential, Arabic is preferred