The role holder is responsible for collaborating with faculty, staff and students at MBRU, in order to support and enhance student learning experience through the use of existing / new technology and media through the Centre for Learning and Teaching.
Design, Training, & Support of health professions education at MBRU
- Partner with faculty to develop timely and effective digital learning.
- Partner with staff to develop multimedia content.
- Coordinate training efforts for faculty, staff, and students in the use of technology in service of student learning, including preparing materials, offering training sessions, and developing tutorials.
Planning & Project Management
- Manage the development process of assigned projects such as implementation of a new learning technology.
- Communicate and collaborate with the various project stakeholders, to ensure that project objectives and milestones are being fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Provide periodic project reports to update key stakeholders on project status / development.
- Provide advice on specialized learning technologies to resolve operational issues associated with the use of technology at CLT.
- Assist in the evaluation of learning technologies to ensure that MBRU requirements are fulfilled.
Providing training and support on specialized learning technologies developed at CLT
Support faculty and student use of learning technologies and multimedia through training and tutorials, troubleshooting and providing other support services; as well as other duties as assigned.
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are monitored and achieved during the course of the year.
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the reporting manager and working towards bridging the gaps through various means which go beyond just training.
- Understands the competencies relevant to his/her role and works towards displaying as well as developing these effectively.
- Keeps abreast of relevant professional/industry developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional networks.
Performs other responsibilities and tasks as directed by the reporting manager in order to meet organizational objectives.
Key Internal Interactions
All departments of the organization
Key External Interactions
- Faculty members
- Manufacturers, vendors
Very good working conditions, no unusual hazards, remote probability of injury
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in educational technology or similar
- Master’s in any relevant field is preferable
- Written and spoken English is essential, Arabic is preferred
Years of Experience
A minimum of 5 years of education technology experience within which at least 2 years experience in the implementation and support of learning technologies in higher education.
- Planning and Organizing
- Result Orientation
- Creativity and Innovation
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Attention to Detail
- Time and Priority Management
- Project Management
- Key learning technologies
- Instructional theories for digital learning