The College of Nursing in MBRU believes that nurses and nursing are essential to the future of health care in the UAE. We are seeking a passionate individual to be part of our goal in supporting education for current and future nurses.
The post will be held by an academic with a sustained track record of nursing and/or midwifery education and will be currently practicing at the level of associate professor or above; he/she will be expected to carry out core activities with tangible evidence of high impact in three core areas: (i) learning and teaching; (ii)research and knowledge transfer with evidence of scholarly activities; and (iii) high level administration, management and leadership. The successful candidate will also be expected to demonstrate higher communication and leadership skills with evidence of a capacity to work collaboratively and in partnership with nursing colleagues across the UAE and internationally, to further expand the business of a growing College of Nursing and Midwifery, and at the same time fully adhere to the ideals and philosophy of the University.
- Develops and implements strategic plans in line with University objectives.
- Contributes to the workforce plan and forecasts.
- Ensures full implementation and review of evaluated work processes to achieve high performance standards and continuous improvement.
Teaching & Learning:
- Prepare innovative educational materials in the delivery of high-quality teaching.
- Undertake program and course co-ordination/leadership roles, as appropriate, including contributing to the development of specified, high-quality programs/courses.
- Participates in the assessment of students to ensure that academic goals have been achieved.
- Guides and supervises students in the acquisition of skills and conduct of scholarly activities.
- Provides on-site practice supervision for students.
Research and Scholarly Activities:
- Engages in research activities on themes that align with the research goals of the College and the country.
- Publishes quality research in high impact journals to enhance the international standing of the College.
- Participates in international conferences to disseminate results of research activities.
- Remain abreast of the developments in the relevant nursing discipline.
- Actively support College activities that promote or develop Research, Knowledge Transfer and developing nursing practice.
Practice & Education Partnerships:
- Engages in nursing partnerships and activities that contribute to the advancement of the profession within UAE and community.
- Seeks and develops relationship with suitable external partners to raise the profile of nursing, the College and the University.
- Provides opportunities to assist professional colleagues to maintain and enhance their skills continuing professional development in their specialty.
- Commitment to engage in inter professional education, and associated activities.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Midwifery (essential)
- Higher research degree in academic field of study including Master’s in Nursing / Midwifery/Health Related Discipline (desirable).
- PhD from an accredited institution (essential).
- Evidence of ability to meet the teaching needs of postgraduate students (essential).
- Substantial post registration experience in nursing (essential).
- Working knowledge of International health care policy in relation to nursing care (essential).
- Evidence of undertaking PhD supervision in the subject area (desirable).
- Written and spoken English (essential)
- Arabic (desirable)