- The role holder is responsible for providing direction and managing operations at the Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Medical Simulation Center (KHMSC) to provide enriching learning experiences to the learners. Also, the role leads the management, development, and maintenance of policies and procedures at the state-of-the-art facilities at the Simulation Center to achieve operational and institutional excellence in line with the University’s goals.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures relevant to the operations of the Simulation Center, equipment, and programs to develop and uphold a professional and successful state-of-the-art facility.
- Oversees operational processes and procedures for simulation-based learning and assessment .
- Drives compliance with health and safety regulations while ensuring high quality and standards are maintained in the delivery of these trainings to participants.
- Liaises with multiple departments to develop course content, design scenarios and tutorials (video/audio) and create the simulated learning experience that meets the needs of the participants and ensures efficient collaboration for delivery of high quality educational output.
- Oversees provision of adequate training for staff and trainers in the correct use of simulator equipment while ensuring minimal damage and maximizing efficient use of these resources.
- Monitors and controls daily operations at KHMSC, including scheduling, purchasing and allocation of equipment to different faculty/staff on a routine basis while tackling any working challenges.
- Manages the maintenance, upkeep and update of the Simulation Management system (as well as all hardware/software being leveraged at KHMSC, ensuring these are updated with the latest educational content and information.
- Participates in financial planning, budgeting, reporting, and monitoring of Simulation Center resources for achievement of its annual strategy.
- Provides guidance on research of best practices and analyzes internal/external reports and trends to identify new enhancements for service delivery and to contribute to the overall academic plans of the University.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Related Field
- Master’s Degree in any relevant field
- Fluent English skills (written and spoken) required
- Arabic is preferred
Years of Experience:
- A minimum of 7-8 years of medical simulation experience in an academic and/or healthcare environment