Mersiha Kovacevic is a lecturer and senior learning designer at Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU) with over 10 years of experience in higher education. Prior to joining MBRU, Mersiha worked as an instructor, curriculum developer, and course designer in higher education institutions in Saudi Arabia and the United States. She earned her Certificate in E-Learning Instructional Design from the University of Washington and is currently finalizing her doctoral program in Educational Leadership with a focus on Adult Education and Online Learning at the City University of Seattle. The topic of her doctoral research is employee participation in the early stages of organizational change in healthcare settings.
Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE.
City University of Seattle, United States of America.
University of Business and Technology, Saudi Arabia.
EdD in Leadership (spec. Adult Education & Online Learning)
City University of Seattle, U.S.A.
Certificate Program in E-learning Instructional Design
University of Washington, U.S.A.
MA Languages and Intercultural Studies
University of Strasbourg, France.
BA French Language and Literature/ Italian Language and Literature
University of Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina.
- Teaching learning design and technology-enhanced education to faculty in faculty development programs
- Teaching about online and blended learning to healthcare professionals in conferences
- Teaching learning design and technology-enhanced education to K-12 teachers
- Teaching English for academic purposes to undergraduate and graduate students
Honors and Awards
Community Engagement Award
Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine & Health Sciences, UAE
Exceptional Performance Award
University of Business & Technology, Saudi Arabia
Outstanding Professional Achievement Award
Creative Classroom Activities, University of Business & Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Organizational learning and development
- Leadership development
- Change management
- (Agile) learning design
- Education for sustainable development
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Member of the organizing committee and learning experience advisor for the Futures Leaders Summit 2023
- Mentoring UAE-based higher education teams in the Learning Design and Education for Sustainable Development Bootcamp 2022
- Online Facilitator in “Leaders of Online Learning”, a course for K-12 teachers