MBRU provides visa sponsorship service for international and resident students upon request. This will enable you to study and reside in the UAE for a 12 month (renewable) period, to cover the duration of your program. MBRU visa sponsorship is only available for full-time enrolled students. To start processing your visa you should have accepted the conditional offer and have paid seat reservation fees as per your Letter of Offer. For more information, you can get in touch with our Student Services online or visit the Student Services and Registration Department (DSSR), located on the Ground floor of Building (14).
Applying for a Visa
Student Residing Outside UAE
The university provides the international, non-resident applicant (excluding GCC nationals) who accepted the admission offer, paid seat reservation fees and cleared all academic conditions (if any), with Entry Permit Visa. You must apply for the Entry Permit at least 2 months before the scheduled date of entry. The process normally takes between 10 – 15 working days.
First, you will be required to fill out the Student Visa Request form.
Subsequently, you will submit the completed form along with the scanned colored copy of the below required documents to the respective personnel:
- A passport copy, valid for at least six months
- Passport-size photos with white background
- MBRU acceptance letter in Arabic (will be provided by the Department of Student Services and Registration (DSSR)
After we receive your documents, Human Resources (HR) will process your request and apply for the approval of the Entry Permit.
Once it is approved by the concerned UAE authorities, we will send the entry permit visa to you via the registered email address provided on the Student Visa Request form.
The Entry Permit is valid for only 60 days from the date of issuance. You should use this permit visa within the indicated period and enter the country.
- In order to process your Entry Permit, you must pay your Seat Reservation Deposit
- Don’t book your flight to the UAE until you receive your Entry Permit.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months.
- The same passport must be used upon entering the UAE that is used in your admissions application.
- Please do not apply for other visas for the UAE while MBRU is processing your Entry Permit.
After arriving safely to UAE, you will be requested to visit HR office (within 2 working days of arrival) in MBRU to initiate the process of obtaining the residency visa. Residence Visa is valid for 12 months and is renewable on yearly basis. HR will request to complete the medical test before the visa stamping.
To obtain your residence visa and Emirates ID, you should submit the below documents to HR. This process normally takes between 15 – 20 working days.
- Original passport
- Entry permit of the student visa with the entry stamp
- Soft copy of a valid medical insurance card (will be provided by the university)
Student Residing inside UAE (New & Current Students)
To initiate your visa under MBRU:
First, you will need to fill out the Student Visa Request form and submit the completed form along with the required documents to respective personnel. This process normally takes between 5 – 10 working days
- A colored copy of your passport (passport must be valid for at least six months)
- Soft copy of passport-size photos (white background and without eyeglasses)
- An enrollment letter in Arabic to be issued by Department of Student Services and Registration (DSSR)
- A colored copy of your Emirates ID, both sides (if available)
- A colored copy of your Residence/Visit Visa
- Scanned coloured copy of the cancelled visa
- Scanned coloured copy of the cancelation paper
- A copy of a valid medical insurance card (will be provided by the university)
After receiving your documents, HR will proceed with processing your permit visa.
Once it is approved by the concerned UAE authorities, you will be then asked to hand in your original passport and complete the medical test. This process normally takes between 15 – 20 working days.
At MBRU we don’t have our own student hostel, however, we have negotiated student accommodation with several private providers to guarantee the best prices, services and standards for our students. These offers are updated on an annual basis and students/guardians will be provided with this information along with the conditional offers for new students and prior to the start of the new academic year for continuing students. Students/guardians are highly recommended to visit all options prior to deciding. Students can identify themselves as an MBRU student to take advantage of the benefits awarded to them.