Al Maktoum Medical Library is hosting the Book Readers Club event, students, faculty and staff are welcome. We’ll have a guest speaker, Dr. Amina Al Amiri, to share with you the story of her inspiration behind establishing a medical public library. The Book Readers Club is comprised of a group of library patrons who love books, they regularly meet and discuss books that they have read and express their opinions, likes, dislikes.
You’ll also get to hear from our students speak about a number of important topics such as artificial intelligence replacing physicians, the importance of productivity and more.
Motivational Talk: Amina Al Amiri
Topic: Inspiration behind establishing a medical public library (Aesthetic Medical Library) and the importance of reading and knowledge sharing.
Dr. Amina Al Amiri is an Emirati physician and the founder of Aesthetic Medical Library. She is the managing director of Dr. Amina Al Amiri Clinics and has over 18 years of clinical experience in the field of dermatology.
Lightning Talks (5 minutes each)
- Ritu Lakhtakia, Faculty – Topic: Uncertainty
- Rashed Rowaiee, CoM student – Topic: Productivity
- Anas Bin Zahid – CoM student – Topic: Can artificial intelligence replace physicians?
- Abdul Rahman Khan – CoM student – Topic: The Butterfly Effect
Sharing Experience of Reading a Book
- Varshini TamilSelvan, CoM student – Book: The Old Man and the Sea
- Reem Abdulkareem, CoM student – Book: Wherever You Go, There You Are