YOU ARE INVITED!
Al Maktoum Medical Library is hosting the first virtual Book Readers Club event in collaboration with student ATLAS Club, students, faculty and staff are welcome. The Book Readers Club is comprised of a group of library patrons who love books, they regularly meet and discuss books that they have read and express their opinions, likes and dislikes.
You’ll also get to hear from our patrons speak about a number of important topics such as staying positive during challenging times, when today becomes history, productivity pressure and more.
- Bhavana Nair, Guidance Counselor, MBRU – Topic: Staying Positive during Challenging Times
Sharing Experience of Reading a Book (5 minutes each)
- Reem Al Gurg, Director Health Policy, MBRU – Book: GRIT (Resilience)
- Sharon Mascarenhas, Simulation Educator, MBRU – Book: A Woman of Firsts
- Sharon Hussain, Orthoptist, Moorfields Eye Hospital – Book: George Orwell 1984
- Varshini Tamil Selvan, Student, MBRU – Book: The Old Man and the Sea
- Roaa Alharbi, Student, MBRU – Book: The Autobiography of Malcolm X
Lightning Talks (5 minutes each)
- Reem Al Gurg, Director Health Policy, MBRU – Topic: Covid 19 and the Silver Lining
- Ritu Lakhtakia, Professor Pathology, MBRU – Topic: When Today Becomes History.
- Anan Mahmoud, Student, MBRU – Topic: Productivity Pressure
- Elham Beshir, Physician, AJCH – Topic: MBTI-based Coping Mechanisms – COVID19 Edition