Living Books – Doctors Who Inspires
We are happy to announce the Living Books Event themed as “Doctors who Inspire” at the Al Maktoum Medical Library.
We aim to provide a career guidance platform for MBRU students to meet and learn from the physicians who are expert in their own discipline.
Six Living Books will be available for MBRU students to borrow, the Books will share their experience and knowledge in their respective specialties in medicine. Students can borrow more than one Living Book and each session will be 20 minutes.
Registration is limited to MBRU students only, register now to reserve your seat.
Learn more about our Living Books:
- HOURIYA KAZIM
- Houriya Kazim is the first Emirati female surgeon in the UAE. She is the Medical Director, Founder and Consultant Breast Surgeon at Well Woman Clinic, which is a multidisciplinary clinic staffed by women, for all women’s health needs. She has also founded and chairs a breast cancer charity, Brest Friends, in partnership with Al Jalila Foundation. She is a freelance writer on women’s health issues and the winner of 2014 Arab Woman Award for Medicine, for UAE’s inspiring women.
- AMMAR AL BANNA
- Ammar Al Banna is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and Head of the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Centre at Al Jalila Children’s Specialty Hospital, Dubai. He is the founder and president of the Emirates Society for Child Mental Health, the national representative society for child mental health in the UAE. He has achieved awards for recognition of his clinical, research and educational work. He is an Adjunct Assistant Professor in Child Psychiatry at UAE University. His current research focuses on neuropsychiatric disorders in the UAE, including autism spectrum disorder.
- KHALID AL AWADHI
- Khalid Al Awadhi is a certified Plastic Surgeon with almost 19 years of experience in the field of surgery and plastic surgery, board certified in plastic surgery from the European Board of Plastic Surgery (EBOPRAS), as well as Board certified in hand surgery from the Federations of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand (FESSH). Since 2013, he moved to Dubai to establish a unit for Hand & Reconstructive microsurgery at Rashid Hospital which is the only hand Surgery Center in UAE. He is also a founder and managing partner of Acacia Medical Centre in Dubai, an elite practice devoted for cosmetic medicine.
- AHMED SALEH
- Ahmed Saleh is a Consultant Physician, Infectious Diseases & Internal Medicine, Head of Infection Control Office and Chairmanship of the Mortality & Morbidity Committee, Rashid Hospital, Dubai Health Authority. He is an Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Dubai Medical College. He extends his services as Consultant Physician in Al Mousa Medical Centre, Dubai. He is a Founder and ex-head of the Obstetric Medicine Unit in Al Wasl Maternity Hospital (currently Latifa Hospital), DHA. He is a Member of Specialist Panels on Chronic Hepatitis B and Chronic Hepatitis C in UAE and the Middle East.
- ASHRAF EL HOUFI
- Ashraf El Houfi is a Consultant/ Head of ICU Department and Chairman of the Infection Control Committee in Dubai Hospital, Dubai Health Authority. He is an Examiner for the Royal College of Physician “UK” and also serves as Professor of Medicine in Dubai Medical College.
- Asma Al Olama
- Asma Al Olama is a Consultant Hematologist-Oncologist & Head of Hematology Department, Dubai Health Authority. She is an American Board Certified in Internal Medicine Hematology & Medical Oncology President, Emirates Society of Hematology.