Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination is Available on Trial
We are pleased to inform you that Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination is now available on trial at Al Maktoum Medical Library starting from 1st September 2022 until 31st October 2022. Database is accessible to everyone on campus, remote access to the resource is limited to registered members of the library.
About Bates’ Visual Guide
Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination is Lippincott’s online platform for the delivery of more than 8 hours of video content that provides head-to-toe and systems-based physical examination techniques for the Advanced Assessment or Introduction to Clinical Medicine course, or for practitioners requiring a review of the History & Physical.
- Supports teaching and learning objectives with hours of narrated and closed captioned videos
- Prepares students for the patient encounter and board exams
- Allows students independent, frequent viewing, and testing of their clinical reasoning skills
- Provides a resource for practitioners to review and refresh their understanding of examination techniques
- Creates direct paths to videos from library catalog or course syllabus; enables downloading of PDF transcripts for use in teaching guides
- Available online and optimised for mobile devices
- End-to-end physical assessment interactive learning videos
- 15 OSCE-style modules for clinical reasoning
- Ideal for patient encounter and board exam preparation
- Over 8 hours of videos with clear narration and captions
- Over 230 Individual video clips across 18 Volumes