March 1, 2021
Annual Tuition Fees
About the Program
Endodontics is the practice, teaching, and research into the comprehensive therapeutics for the pulpal and periapical tissues in both health and disease. This includes the prevention, treatment, and management of endodontic disease and its extension into the periradicular tissues.
Our Masters of Science (MSc) degree in Endodontics combines advanced academic, clinical and research training along with the experience of patient care (clinical and non-clinical). Benchmarked against international standards, here at HBMCDM we aim to provide our postgraduate dental students with rich and diversified learning opportunities, to ensure they are prepared with the knowledge, skills, and experience to serve the community and promote excellence within the healthcare system.
The three-year program incorporates clinical training at the level of Specialist Trainee and provides appropriate preparation for the Membership Examination of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons UK.
I love the environment at the College of Dental Medicine. My favorite aspect is acquiring quality education close to home.” – Dr. Hessa Fezai, Endodontics Resident
English Language Requirements
IELTS – Academic Module
- An overall band 6 with no skill less than 5.5
- Must have been taken within the last two years
- A single certificate to be submitted, combined scores are not accepted.
- iBT 80 with minimum of 20 in Writing
- PBT is not accepted
- ‘My Best Scores’ will not be considered for admission purposes
- Must have been taken within the last two years
Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI)
At MBRU we believe that to excel in your career, not only do we need to give you the best education in the classroom, but also outside of it, and to become an exceptional doctor requires the development of these “soft” skills.
To be accepted at MBRU, we conduct a series of multiple mini interviews. A process which is comprised of several short independent assessment interviews, typically arranged in a timed circuit.
The process results in an aggregate score of each candidates’ non-cognitive (“soft”) skills such as interpersonal skills, professionalism, and moral judgment. It’s been so successful that since its introduction in 2004, the MMI process has been adopted by medical, dental and pharmacy schools around the world.
The interview scenarios are designed to test non-cognitive competencies which are key to medicine, such as:
- Communication Skills
- Moral/ethical reasoning
Although participants must relate to the scenario posed at each station, it is important to note that the MMI is not intended to test specific knowledge in the field. Instead, the assessors evaluate each candidate’s thought process and the ability to think ‘on his or her feet’. As such, there are no right or wrong answers to the questions posed in an MMI, but each applicant should consider the question from a variety of perspectives.
The MMI process
At the start of each mini-interview rotation, a candidate receives a question/scenario and has a short period of time (typically one minute) to prepare an answer. Upon entering the interview room, the candidate has a short exchange with an assessor (usually about 5 minutes). In some cases, the assessor observes while an interaction takes place between a simulated patient (a role player) and the candidate.
At the end of each mini-interview, the assessor evaluates the candidate’s performance on the activity against set criteria, while the applicant moves to the next station. This pattern is repeated through a number of rotations (usually 10-15). Some stations are designated as “rest stations” meaning that no interview takes place. The candidate is expected to sit quietly during that time. The duration of the entire interview is usually about 90 minutes (1½ hours).
- Transcripts and Degree Certificates submitted will require attestation from the Ministry of Education in the UAE for degrees awarded inside the UAE.
- Transcripts and Degree Certificates awarded outside the UAE will require attestation from the Ministry of Education. Also, applicants will need to obtain a Certificate of Equivalency from the Ministry.
- Additional qualifications such as MFDS from one of the UK Royal Colleges or any other postgraduate dental degree are desirable.
All applicants for admission are required to obtain equivalency of their educational degree from the UAE Ministry of Education. The attestation process depends upon whether you completed your secondary schooling or undergraduate degree within the UAE or outside the UAE.
Applicants who completed secondary schooling or a Bachelor degree outside the UAE
must have their educational degree and transcripts/mark sheets certified by:
- The issuing educational institute and/or recognized authority for tertiary education in the host country in which you completed your education
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the host country
- The UAE Embassy in that host country
- The Ministry of Education in the UAE
Additionally, the UAE Ministry of Education must issue an Equivalency Certificate.
Equivalency requirements for high school degree attestation can be found on Ministry of Education website.
Equivalency requirements for Bachelor degree attestation can be found on Ministry of Education website.
|Application Fee||AED 1,000 AED + AED 50 (5% VAT). Due at the time of application (Non-refundable)|
|Seat Reservation Fee||AED 10,000 Non-refundable|
|Annual Tuition Fee*||AED 185,000 (for International applicants) |
AED 160,000 (for UAE and GCC nationals)
*The down payment is deducted from the annual tuition fee
Please note that the seat-reservation fee is non-refundable. For students who enroll in classes, the seat-reservation fee will be deducted from their annual tuition fee
Each year our tuition schedule is published with the rates based on that academic year. The yearly tuition covers all educational expenses, recreational, library, insurance and lab activities.
Tuition charges are due and payable in full at the specified deadlines of each academic term, and the final responsibility for payment rests with the individual student and/or their sponsor. Students who have secured external scholarships covering their tuition must provide written confirmation before the initial payment deadline.
In the case of a withdrawal, a refund of 50% is possible within the first two weeks of the semester. No refunds will be processed or given after the second week of the academic semester. For more details, please refer to the Refund Policy below.
Students facing financial hardship can ask the Office of Student Services to reschedule payments on an exceptional basis over a longer , during the academic year.
Tuition Fee Refund Policy
All tuition charges and fees are non-refundable, except as specified and summarized below:
- In the event of a student formally withdrawing from the university in the first semester, the following refund schedule will apply:
- 100% (excluding the seat reservation fees) if before the official beginning of the academic year.
- 50% of the total semester fees if before the end of the second week of classes
- No refund after the end of the second week of classes
- A full refund before the start of the term is possible in cases of
- If an applicant / student does not meet the academic admission / progression requirement as per published criteria
- Visa rejection
- If a student is awarded a scholarship (refund will be according to the granted amount)
- If a student does not meet the medical requirements
- For the continuing students (starting from semester 2 of the program):
- If the application form for withdrawal/deferral/drop of course was formally initiated prior to the start of the semester then the student is eligible for 100% refund.
- The Director of DSSR will request the formation of a committee to decide on tuition refund should an unexpected scenario occur.
- If an applicant cannot take up their seat at MBRU as a result of a situation that is outside of their control, and was not publicly clear at the time of application or when fee commitments were made then the applicant may be entitled to a full refund of tuition fees, seat reservation, and any application charges. Examples include:
- State-wide resolution such as visa restrictions
- Late University regulation such as suspension / cancellation of a program
- Late progression decision
- The refund policy excludes the following:
- Application fee
- Seat holding fee
- Tuition fee in the event of dismissal for disciplinary reasons
- A penalty of AED 500 may apply for:
- Late payment
- Bounced cheque
Frequently Asked Questions
At HBMCDM, postgraduate students are not eligible for stipends.
Application to the postgraduate program can only be submitted through our online application portal. In order for your application to be valid and complete, you are required to submit the online application here, upload all supporting documents, and pay the non-refundable application fee of AED 1000.
An applicant can submit the online application along with the required documents for postgraduate studies and pay a non-refundable application fee of AED 1000. Following expiration of the application deadline, the Admissions Committee will review all applications and will shortlist qualified candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Selection will be based on the applicant’s academic and professional credentials as well as performance in the assessment interview. Ranked applicants will receive conditional offers by mid-May 2019 to the email address provided in the application.