Dr Kowash received his Dental Degree (BDS) from Garyounis university, Libya in 1985, his Master and Doctorate of dental science in Pediatric Dentistry from the University of Leeds, UK in 1993 and 1999 respectively. He became a member (1994) and subsequently a fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada in 1998. In 2015 he became a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and surgeons of Glasgow (FDSRCPS). Currently Dr Kowash is working at Hamdan Bin Mohammed College of Dental Medicine, Mohammed Bin Rashid Uinversity of Medicine and Health Sciences as an Associate Professor in Pedaitric Dentistry in Dubai, UAE. Before joining HBMCDM in September 2013, Dr. Kowash was a Consultant Pediatric Dentist at Tawam Hospital in Alain, UAE. In addition to his clinical duties at Tawam hospital, he was actively involved in clinical teaching of intern dentists and served as the head of Pediatric dentistry and the Research committee at Tawam Dental Centre. He has previously worked as an adjunct faculty professor of pediatric dentistry at RAK University, UAE. Dr. Kowash is an examiner for the Royal College of Edinburgh MFDS part 2 and HAAD and MOH Licensing examinations in UAE. He has several publications and a reviewer in several international dental journals. He is a regular guest speaker in national and international dental conferences.
Associate Professor in Pediatric Dentistry
Hamdan Bin Mohammed College of Dental Medicine, MBRU
Examiner for MFDS part 2
Royal College of Surgeon of Edinburgh
Adjuct Professor in Pediatric Dentistry
Clinical Teaching of Interns
Residents at Tawam Hospital
Clinical Research Fellow
University of Leeds, UK
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, UK
Doctorate in Pediatric Dentistry
Leeds University, UK
FRCDc in Pediatric Dentistry
Royal College of Dentists of Canada
MSc in Pediatric Dentistry
Leeds University, UK
Benghazi Dental School, Libya
- March 2001 – August 2013: Clinical teaching of interns and residents at Tawam hospital, Al Ain, UAE
- March 2011 – June 2012: Teaching Pediatric Dentistry to undergraduate students at RAK University, UAE.
- September 2013 – Present: Theoretical, practical and clinical teaching to the Master of Science in Pediatric Dentistry (3-year program), HBMCDM, MBRU in Dubai, UAE.
- September 2013 – Present: Supervising postgraduate student research for Master of Science in Pediatric Dentistry at HBMCDM, MBRU in Dubai, UAE.
Honors and Awards
Royal college of physicians and surgeons of Glasgow, UK
Several appreciation certificates awarded following participations and contributions in national and international dental congresses and workshops.
Membership of Professional Bodies/ Associations
- International Association of Pediatric Dentistry (IAPD)
- European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry (EAPD)
- Royal College of Dentists of Canada (RCDC)
- Emirates Medical Association (EMA)
- Emirates Pediatric Dentistry Club (EPDC)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPS)
- Epidemiology, prevention and management of dental caries in children
- Epidemiology and management of traumatic dental injuries.
- Oral health of medically compromised and special need children.
- Molar incisor hypomineralisation “MIH” and enamel defects.
- Dental education, examination and question writing
Clinical and Community service
- September 2013 – Present: Clinical teaching and supervision of HBMCDM postgraduate students in Pediatric Dentistry, participated in several community initiatives and programs providing dental screening/dental health education in Dubai.
- March 2001 – August 2013: Consultant Pediatric Dentist at Tawam Hospital, Al Ain, UAE. Providing dental treatment for young dental patients and also dealt with children with behavior management problems or those with special needs requiring full dental rehabilitation under general anesthesia.
- January 1995 – December 1999: Oral health survey (oral and microbial examinations) and dental health education for lower social class (IV & V) young children and their mothers in Leeds, UK.