Purpose and scope
Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences is soliciting academic abstracts on Health Professions Education.
Scholarly work in the form of research studies, work in progress, innovations, tools, and any work related to health professions education will be considered.
After peer-review, accepted abstracts will be featured as oral presentations during the Symposium.
- Continuing Professional Development
- Education Management
- Learning from failure
- Student as Teacher
- Surgery Education
- Teaching & Learning
- COVID-19 Learning at a distance
Selection Criteria & Mode of Presentations
- Consistency with standard practice.
- Each submitted abstract will receive a minimum of two reviews.
- Abstracts will be selected based on their originality, timeliness, significance, relevance, flow and clarity of presentation, and language.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented orally in an interactive virtual session on October 2, 2020.
- Presenters will be given a total of 12 minutes to present, followed by 3 minutes of discussion.
The abstract should include the following:
- Abstract title
- Abstract authors & their affiliation (Up to 6 authors may be listed)
- Abstract presenter (A maximum of 1 presenter is permitted)
- Abstract structure – background; summary of work; summary of results; discussion and conclusions; take-home messages.
- Word count – 350 (Structure headings are included in the word count)
- Select 1 key topic (You will be given the option to select your abstract to be considered for one of our theme areas).
|Click here to download the abstract template|
Last date for Submissions is September 20, 2020, midnight GST . Decisions will be announced by September 24, 2020.
All notifications will be sent out to the e-mail address given on the submission form.