Purpose and scope
Healthcare Simulation Week celebrates global professionals, like you, who use simulation to improve the safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of healthcare delivery. Healthcare Simulation Week also raises awareness in communities globally about how healthcare simulation is leading us to safer, improved quality patient care.
The Khalaf Ahmed Al Habtoor Medical Simulation Center at Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences is soliciting academic abstracts on simulation-based education, scholarly work in the form of research studies, work in progress, innovations, tools and any work related to simulation-based education will be considered. After the peer-review process, accepted abstracts will be presented as short communications in an interactive virtual session on 13 of September 2020.
- Patient safety
- Curriculum integration
- In-situ simulation
- Simulated patients/participants
- Clinical skills
- Human factors
- Continuous professional development
- Tried and improved, tried but didn’t work out
- Consistent with standard practice, each submitted abstract will receive a minimum of three reviews. Short Communications will be selected based on their originality, timeliness, significance, relevance, flow and clarity of presentation, and language. Participants will be given 8 minutes to present followed by a 2-minute discussion.
- Upload your abstract in Word format ONLY using the template that was provided above in Abstract Template section
The abstract should include the following:
- Abstract title
- Abstract authors & their affiliation (Up to 6 authors may be listed)
- Abstract presenter (A maximum of 1 presenter is permitted)
- Abstract structure – background; summary of work; summary of results; discussion and conclusions; take-home messages.
- Word count – 350 (Structure headings are included in the word count)
- Select 1 key topic (You will be given the option to select your abstract to be considered for one of our theme areas).
|Click here to download the abstract template|
The deadline for submission is the 28 of July 2020 (23:59 hrs UAE time).