E-Books Collection at Al Maktoum Medical Library
Al Maktoum Medical Library offers access to thousands of eBooks covering major specialities in medicine and health sciences. These eBooks are accessible through the library’s E-Books Search and Library Catalog. The following are the key databases that covers majority of our collection in various subject areas in Medicine and Health Sciences. E-Books are accessible to everyone on campus, remote access to the resources is limited to registered members of the library.
Springer is a leading publisher of books in the scientific, medical and technical (STM) disciplines. Springer eBook collections deliver complete access to impactful scholarly content. The Medicine eBook Collection provides clinically relevant information to all members of the patient-care team, an integral part of delivering first-rate, comprehensive care. For every level of education and research, springer eBook collections offer a rich mix of book types such as textbooks, proceedings, monographs, handbooks. Library subscribes to downloadable full text of 10000+ e-books in medical and health sciences published from 2005 – till date.
- Medical Simulation
- Biomedical Science
McGraw Hill Access Medicine
AccessMedicine (ACM)is an online medical resource that provides students with the tools they need to excel in basic and advanced studies, and crucial test prep. ACM provides residents, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants with interactive content, self-assessment, and leading medical texts to enhance decision-making at the point-of-care. It allows practicing physicians to brush up on their medical knowledge to ensure best patient outcomes. It includes a complete full-text library of clinical and basic science textbooks, including Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 20e, CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment, The Color Atlas of Family Medicine, 2e, and many others.
Top titles from AccessMedicine
- Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine
- CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment
- The Color Atlas of Family Medicine
- Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics
- Graber and Wilbur’s Family Medicine Examination and Board Review
- Symptom to Diagnosis: An Evidence-Based Guide
- LANGE Basic Science Series
- LANGE Current Diagnosis and Treatment Series
- The Patient History: An Evidence-Based Approach to Differential Diagnosis
- Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine
- Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine
- Hurst’s The Heart
- Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery
- Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine
- Williams Obstetrics
John Murtagh’s General Practice Collection
John Murtagh’s General Practice Collection provides an indispensable source of information for medical professionals and students. John Murtagh’s General Practice is widely recognized as the gold standard reference and most influential publication for general practice and primary health care, both for doctors already established in practice and those starting out in their careers.
- Murtagh’s Patient Education information sheets: Contains over 350 information sheets written in simple, non-technical language.
- Murtagh’s Cautionary Tales: Contains authentic case histories from John Murtagh’s hands-on experience in general practice.
- Murtagh’s Practice Tips: Provides essential information and step-by-step instructions on how to deal with conditions encountered by GPs
- Murtagh’s Diagnostic Strategies: Covers over 100 topics addressing the most common presenting problems in general practice.
ClinicalKey supports healthcare professionals with the latest evidence across specialties in a variety of formats, including access to hundreds of full-text reference books, e-Journals and multimedia resources.
- 900+ medical books from Elsevier
- Each book is fully searchable; the database also permits keyword searching across all books.
- Permits printing/downloading one chapter at a time
- Stable links to chapters may be placed in learning management system
Taylor & Francis eBooks
Taylor & Francis e-Books collection covers the full range of medical, surgical, pharmaceutical specialties and related non-clinical disciplines, with particular depth in cardiology, dermatology & cosmetic science, obstetrics & gynaecology, reproductive medicine, general practice, general surgery, medical education, and complementary & alternative medicine. The collection provides access to more than 16,000 chapters from 600 recently published titles.
Taylor & Francis offers:
- 500+ Medical e-Books
- Users can download the entire book or even a chapter and view abstract
- Downloads available in PDF format
- All e-Books are full text searchable