1 year (full-time)
2 years (part-time)
June 19, 2022
About the Program
The Master of Science in Pediatric Nursing offers the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to care for children with short and chronic conditions. The program provides a child-centered approach that focuses on the overall wellbeing of children.
The goal of the program is to prepare specialist nurses for positions of clinical based leadership through the acquisition of specific education, training, well defined competencies and specific skills. The net effect of this should be a growing specialist nurse workforce that is ‘fit for purpose’, knowledgeable, clinically competent, thoughtful, critical and articulate.
English Language Requirements
- An overall band 6 with no skill less than 5.5
- ‘IELTS Indicator’ will not be considered for admission purposes
- Must have been taken within the last two years
- A single certificate to be submitted, combined scores are not accepted.
- iBT 80 with Writing score of 20
- PBT is not accepted
- Must have been taken within the last two years
- ‘My Best Scores’ will not be considered for admission purposes
Applications are considered on individual basis and screened like all other applicants as per graduate admission processes, criteria and deadlines. If approved, consideration may be given for transfer credit as per the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy.
For a transfer admission request to be considered, the applicant:
- must meet the relevant admission criteria before consideration of credits by the relevant committee.
- Home university must be a UAE institution recorded in the National Register of Licensed HEIs, or other organizations in the UAE approved by the CAA, or recognized institutions of higher learning located outside the UAE, are eligible for transfer admission.
- must be in good academic standing at his/her home institution.
- must hold a cGPA equal to or greater than 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 (or equivalent) in the last completed year. The applicant is not allowed, under any circumstances, to be admitted under the provisions stipulated for conditional admission.
- must have attained a minimum grade of B in graduate degree courses.
Transfer credits may be granted for courses relevant to the program and has comparable learning outcomes to courses offered at MBRU. For courses to be considered for transfer credit, they must have been completed in the previous 5 years.
Please note that:
- No transfer of credit will be granted for graduation projects and thesis courses.
- No recognition will be given for experiential or non-classroom based prior learning.
- Prior learning credits for clinical training are allowed only when done in the UAE. In exceptional circumstances a waiver may be granted by the Ministry of Education.
- For approved transfer credit courses, the grade that appears on MBRU transcript is Transfer Credit (TC) and does not count towards the final GPA calculation.
- Transferred courses will not exceed:
- For the MSc in Dental Medicine, up to 25% of the total number of credits required to complete a degree.
- For MSc. in Nursing and MSc. in Biomedical Sciences, up to 9 credit hours.
Prior to application submission, please send a copy of the official transcript(s) and course descriptions from home institutions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer students will be notified of the outcome of their admissions transfer evaluation, and how this will be applied to their application for the selected program at MBRU, in line with the general admissions process, criteria and deadlines.
The relevant committee’s decision is final in the absence of new information or procedural errors.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for face-to-face interview on campus.
Transcripts and Degree Certificates submitted, upon offer, will require attestation from the Ministry of Education in the UAE for degrees awarded inside the UAE.
Transcripts and Degree Certificates awarded outside the UAE will require attestation from the Ministry of Education. Also, applicants will need to obtain a Certificate of Equivalency from the Ministry, upon offer.
|Application fee||AED 1,000 + AED 50 (5% VAT) Non-refundable. Due at the time of application|
|Tuition fee||AED 140,000. Payable in three installments - by the beginning of each semester |
50% scholarship available
Tuition Fee Refund Policy
All tuition charges and fees are non-refundable, except as specified and summarized below:
- In the event of a student formally withdrawing from the university in the first semester, the following refund schedule will apply:
- 100% (excluding the seat reservation fees) if before the official beginning of the academic year.
- 50% of the total semester fees if before the end of the second week of classes
- No refund after the end of the second week of classes
- A full refund before the start of the term is possible in cases of
- If an applicant / student does not meet the academic admission / progression requirement as per published criteria
- Visa rejection
- If a student is awarded a scholarship (refund will be according to the granted amount)
- If a student does not meet the medical requirements
- For the continuing students (starting from semester 2 of the program):
- If the application form for withdrawal/deferral/drop of course was formally initiated prior to the start of the semester then the student is eligible for 100% refund.
- The Director of Department of Student Services and Registration (DSSR) will request the formation of a committee to decide on tuition refund should an unexpected scenario occur.
- If an applicant cannot take up their seat at MBRU as a result of a situation that is outside of their control, and was not publicly clear at the time of application or when fee commitments were made then the applicant may be entitled to a full refund of tuition fees, seat reservation, and any application charges. Examples include:
- State-wide resolution such as visa restrictions
- Late University regulation such as suspension / cancellation of a program
- Late progression decision
- The refund policy excludes the following:
- Application fee
- Seat holding fee
- Tuition fee in the event of dismissal for disciplinary reasons
- A penalty of AED 500 may apply for:
- Late payment
- Bounced cheque
Frequently Asked Questions
Nursing is essentially about meeting the needs of patients and their families and education programs for nurses fosters the continued development of critical thinking skills to enable the registered nurse to respond to the health care requirements of patients and their families. Postgraduate programs of study for nurses are designed to enable registered nurses to build on their existing knowledge and nurture the skills necessary to potentially move towards a specialist clinical nursing role and provide individual options as their nursing career continues to develop. The College of Nursing and Midwifery, MBRU has a unique partnership with Queen’s University of Belfast and the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust. The College of Nursing and Midwifery MBRU have formed a unique international academic, scholarly and clinical relationship that underpins our two MSc programs. The MSc Cardiovascular and Pediatric nursing include specialist and core courses/modules that are delivered for our students by esteemed academics from the two universities; and to support the internationalization of these two programs prospective students will have the opportunity to undertake a twelve week period of clinical nursing practice in the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust and provide nursing care supervised by a specialist nurse.
Application to the Master programs can only be submitted through our online application portal. Application to the program will open on December 2nd, 2019 and will close on April 1st, 2020. Late applications received after the deadline may be considered.
For your application to be complete, you will need to submit the online application, upload all supporting documents, and pay the non-refundable application fee of AED 1,050 – including VAT.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you have to complete the online application, upload the required documents, and pay the application fee. An experienced panel of MBRU faculty and staff will then review completed applications and will shortlist qualified candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Selection will be based on the applicant’s academic and professional credentials as well as performance in the interview. Selected applicants will be sent conditional offers to the email address provided in the application.
Information of accommodation & visa can be found here
You can view the current status of your application by logging into your account. Alternatively, if you have any further questions, you can contact the admission team by emailing email@example.com