May 15, 2023
About the Program
The program will provide students with cutting edge knowledge and practical skills in the field biomedical sciences, with particular focus on advanced genomics, OMICs, genome editing, and cell biology. Specific emphasis will be given on the application of innovative technologies, such as applied bioinformatics, deep learning for genomics, and CRISPR, in the development of novel methods for the diagnosis and treatment of disease. The program focuses on building extensive research skills and laboratory experience that will support graduates in pursuing further postgraduate study, such as a PhD, and a career in academia. Download the flyer
English Language Requirements
- An overall band 6 with no skill less than 5.5
- ‘IELTS Indicator’ will not be considered for
- Must have been taken within the last two years
- A single certificate to be submitted, combined scores are not accepted.
- iBT 80
- PBT is not accepted
- Must have been taken within the last two years
- ‘My Best Scores’ will not be considered for admission purposes
Applications are considered on individual basis and screened like all other applicants as per graduate admission processes, criteria and deadlines. If approved, consideration may be given for transfer credit as per the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy.
For a transfer admission request to be considered, the applicant:
- must meet the relevant admission criteria before consideration of credits by the relevant committee.
- Home university must be a UAE institution recorded in the National Register of Licensed HEIs, or other organizations in the UAE approved by the CAA, or recognized institutions of higher learning located outside the UAE, are eligible for transfer admission.
- must be in good academic standing at his/her home institution.
- must hold a cGPA equal to or greater than 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 (or equivalent) in the last completed year. The applicant is not allowed, under any circumstances, to be admitted under the provisions stipulated for conditional admission.
- must have attained a minimum grade of B in graduate degree courses.
Transfer credits may be granted for courses relevant to the program and has comparable learning outcomes to courses offered at MBRU. For courses to be considered for transfer credit, they must have been completed in the previous 5 years.
Please note that:
- No transfer of credit will be granted for graduation projects and thesis courses.
- No recognition will be given for experiential or non-classroom based prior learning.
- Prior learning credits for clinical training are allowed only when done in the UAE. In exceptional circumstances a waiver may be granted by the Ministry of Education.
- For approved transfer credit courses, the grade that appears on MBRU transcript is Transfer Credit (TC) and does not count towards the final GPA calculation.
- Transferred courses will not exceed:
- For the MSc in Dental Medicine, up to 25% of the total number of credits required to complete a degree.
- For MSc. in Nursing and MSc. in Biomedical Sciences, up to 9 credit hours.
Prior to application submission, please send a copy of the official transcript(s) and course descriptions from home institutions to email@example.com
Transfer students will be notified of the outcome of their admissions transfer evaluation, and how this will be applied to their application for the selected program at MBRU, in line with the general admissions process, criteria and deadlines.
The relevant committee’s decision is final in the absence of new information or procedural errors.
- Applicants with university degree obtained outside the UAE, are required to submit an Educational Credential
Evaluators (ECE) – General with Grade Average for US institutions evaluation when applying to evaluate the
transcripts and have a standard GPA (http://www.ece.org).
- Transcripts and Degree Certificates submitted, upon offer, will require attestation from the Ministry of
Education in the UAE for degrees awarded inside the UAE.
- Transcripts and Degree Certificates awarded outside the UAE will require attestation from the Ministry of
Education. Also, applicants will need to obtain a Certificate of Equivalency from the Ministry, upon offer.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a face-to-face interview.
All applicants for admission are required to obtain equivalency of their educational degree from the UAE Ministry of Education. The attestation process depends upon whether you completed your secondary schooling or undergraduate degree within the UAE or outside the UAE.
Applicants who completed secondary schooling or a Bachelor degree outside the UAE
must have their educational degree and transcripts/mark sheets certified by:
- The issuing educational institute and/or recognized authority for tertiary education in the host country in which you completed your education
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the host country
- The UAE Embassy in that host country
- The Ministry of Education in the UAE
Additionally, the UAE Ministry of Education must issue an Equivalency Certificate.
Equivalency requirements for high school degree attestation can be found on Ministry of Education website.
Equivalency requirements for Bachelor degree attestation can be found on Ministry of Education website.
|Application fee||AED 1,000 + AED 50 (5% VAT) Non-refundable. Due at the time of application|
|Seat reservation fee||AED 10,000. Due upon accepting your conditional offer (Non-refundable)|
|Total tuition fee||AED 117,300. Payable by the beginning of the academic year |
50% scholarship available.
Tuition Fee Refund Policy
All tuition charges and fees are non-refundable, except as specified and summarized below:
- In the event of a student formally withdrawing from the university in the first semester, the following refund schedule will apply:
- 100% (excluding the seat reservation fees) if before the official beginning of the academic year.
- 50% of the total semester fees if before the end of the second week of classes
- No refund after the end of the second week of classes
- A full refund before the start of the term is possible in cases of
- If an applicant / student does not meet the academic admission / progression requirement as per published criteria
- Visa rejection
- If a student is awarded a scholarship (refund will be according to the granted amount)
- If a student does not meet the medical requirements
- For the continuing students (starting from semester 2 of the program):
- If the application form for withdrawal/deferral/drop of course was formally initiated prior to the start of the semester then the student is eligible for 100% refund.
- The Director of DSSR will request the formation of a committee to decide on tuition refund should an unexpected scenario occur.
- If an applicant cannot take up their seat at MBRU as a result of a situation that is outside of their control, and was not publicly clear at the time of application or when fee commitments were made then the applicant may be entitled to a full refund of tuition fees, seat reservation, and any application charges. Examples include:
- State-wide resolution such as visa restrictions
- Late University regulation such as suspension / cancellation of a program
- Late progression decision
- The refund policy excludes the following:
- Application fee
- Seat holding fee
- Tuition fee in the event of dismissal for disciplinary reasons
- A penalty of AED 500 may apply for:
- Late payment
- Bounced cheque
Frequently Asked Questions
At the Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU) we aspire to become a leading research-focused medical academic institution and to create an innovative and enriching research environment that will support the advancement of healthcare in the UAE and globally. Students will benefit from the wealth of research expertise of MBRU’s international faculty and carry out research focusing on addressing national health challenges in areas of high disease burden for the UAE and globally. Research projects are currently underway at MBRU in the areas of:
i) Cardiometabolic diseases (including Diabetes Mellitus)
iii) Mental Health and Wellbeing
iv) Neurodevelopmental disorders
v) Respiratory and infectious diseases.
Graduates of our master program will be able to acquire research skills that are attractive to employers in universities and industries and will have better opportunities to secure PhD positions.
Application to the Master programs can only be submitted through our online application portal. Application to the program will open on October 15, 2020 and will close on May 6, 2021. Late applications received after the deadline may be considered.
For your application to be complete, you will need to submit the online application, upload all supporting documents, and pay the non-refundable application fee of AED. 1,050 – including VAT.
You can view the current status of your application by logging into your account. Alternatively, if you have any further questions, you can contact the admission team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org